Surrey County Council is the admission authority for this school.
Please be aware that if your child currently attends Walton Oak Nursery, you will still need to follow the admissions process as you are not automatically guaranteed a place in Reception.
You can download the app ParentComms to your mobile device to receive notifications about your application.
Once you have submitted your application you will receive a confirmation email.
- 1 November 2021 - You can apply online for a school place.
- 15 January 2022 - Closing date for primary applications but Surrey County Council welcome early applications.
- 19 April 2022 - Primary school offer letters are posted first class. If you applied online you will be sent an email in the evening with the outcome and you can also view your school offer online.
- By 4 May 2022 - You must confirm whether you wish to accept or decline the place you have been offered.
- By May 2022 - If you wish to appeal for an academy, community or voluntary controlled school listed on your form, you should submit it by this date so that it can be heard by July 2022 (40 school days). Other schools may have different appeal deadlines.
Is your child starting school in September 2022?
If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 you will need to apply for a school place between 1 November 2021 and 15 January 2022. You can apply online between 1 November 2021 and 15 January 2022.
You can start your online application at any time from 1 November 2021 but you must have completed it by 15 January 2022.
The following admissions criteria will be used by the LA to allocate places if a school is oversubscribed.
- First priority: Looked after and previously looked after children
- Second priority: Children of staff of Walton Oak Primary School
- Third priority: Brothers and Sisters (Siblings)
- Fourth priority: Any other applicant
Waiting lists: Where there are more applicants than places available, waiting lists will operate for each year group according to over subscription criteria for each school without regard to the date the application was received or when a child's name was added to the waiting list.