Welcome to Walton Oak Nursery
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage framework in an engaging, creative, friendly and encouraging environment. The nursery is an integral part of the wider Walton Oak family, working alongside our Reception year groups and supporting children in taking their first steps towards being school-ready.
If you would like to register for a place at Walton Oak Nursery, you will need to complete the Nursery Admission Form found at the bottom of this page. If you do not have a printer, please ask for a copy of this form at the school office.
Once complete, bring this form to our school office, along with your child’s passport or birth certificate, on or before 1st April 2021.
For September 2021 we have available:
- Eight 30 hour places*
- 31 morning-only places (08.45am – 11.45am)
- 31 afternoon-only places (12.15pm - 3.15pm)
*subject to local demand, this may extend to 16 places.
Please contact the school office on 01932 259 604 to speak to the Office Manager about a place.
You can register your child for our Nursery once they have turned 18 months old. You may use the same application form but annotate it to show the year you wish to apply for.
Nursery Admissions Policy
15 hour nursery places are offered using Surrey County Council admission criteria as a guide.
- First Priority – children with exceptional arrangements / special educational needs.
- Second Priority – children with siblings already attending the school upon entry to the Nursery.
- Third Priority – the child’s date of birth in relation to the curriculum year available, with the oldest children taking priority. The curriculum year runs from September through to the following August.
- Fourth priority - to children for whom the school is nearest (distance measured in a straight line from the address point of the pupil’s house, as set out by Ordnance Survey to the front gate of the school).
Early Years - 30 Hour Entitlement
Are you eligible for a free 30 hour place? Please refer to advice document at the bottom of this page.
Offer of a place
Letters will be sent out offering places after 1st April 2021. There will be a timescale for parents to accept or decline the place. If places are declined, further letters will be sent out offering those places to the next eligible children. The process will continue until all places are filled.
Any applicants who have been unsuccessful will be placed on a waiting list.
We believe that a child should feel comfortable in their learning environment. We offer a home visit before your child starts nursery in September. This allows both you and your child to meet the teacher in the security of their own home environment.