Important Reminders & Practical Tips
- Registration is at 8.50am. Children should be in their classroom no later than 8.50am. The playground opens at 8.30am, classrooms open at 8.40am. Ensure your child is at school no later than 8.45am for prompt start.
- If your child is unable to come to school due to illness the school must be notified by 9am on the first day and every day thereafter. You can call 01932 259604 (press 1 for absence line) to leave a message or email email@example.com A specific reason must be provided, rather than leaving just a ‘not well’ message. Without specific information the absence will remain unauthorised.
- If a pupil’s illness lasts for more than 2 days the school requires medical evidence to support the absence.
- Please try to make medical or dentist appointments outside of school hours
- Proof must be shown for any absences due to medical or dentist appointments. No absence will be authorised without it.
- Holidays will not be authorised during term-time, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Penalty Notices will be sought for all unauthorised holidays and patterns of poor attendance over a period of time
- Refer all absences directly to Mrs Helen Beavis, The Attendance Officer – and not via the school office or teachers. Mrs Beavis will ensure the right people are notified.
- Make sure your children keep a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine.
- Lay out clothes, school shoes and school bags the night before.
- Ensure your children go to school every day unless they are truly sick
- Avoid scheduling holidays or doctor’s appointments when school is in session. Please ensure all extended family members know this also.
- Talk to your child’s teacher or our nurture leader or home-school link worker for advice if your children feel anxious about going to school.
- Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbour, or another parent to take your child to school.
Let us know how we can best support you and your child so that they can show up for school on time every day. We want your child to be successful in school!