Every Minute Counts Awareness Campaign
In order to help promote good attendance and keep the momentum going we have a programme of positive approaches happening throughout the year that feed into our ‘Every Minute Counts’ ethos:
EVERY MINUTE COUNTS
EVERY one of our students matters to us
Every MINUTE they spend with us they, and others, can learn and grow
And that learning and growing COUNTS towards them being better equipped for whatever direction they choose
- Creation of our Pupil Attendance Team whose role is to keep the importance of attendance top-of-mind.
- Creative campaigns and competitions throughout the year to keep the momentum.
- Greater emphasis in assemblies to help children understand the importance of good attendance.
- Increased communication with parents and carers throughout the year.
- Increased visibility throughout the school and via our own social and online channels.
- Attendance "workshops and cafes" to find out issues/ barriers to good attendance.
- Attendance Health Checkers for parents.
- "The Attendance Charts" end of year celebration.
- Weekly and termly attendance and punctuality certificates.
Class attendance and overall attendance achievements will be posted on the outside noticeboard for parents to see every week.
P.A.T beats attendance rap
As part of our attendance awareness campaign, our Pupil Attendance Team (P.A.T) have performed and produced Walton Oak’s first ever ‘Attendance Rap’.
The ‘Every Minute Counts’ rap is fun and engaging content that aims to keep the importance of attendance at the front of pupils and parents/carers’ minds.
It’s so important that, whatever we do as a school to help keep attendance high, pupils and parents are able to participate in some way.
The ‘Every Minute Counts’ rap was deliberately created so pupils and parents alike could join in with its catchy chorus that’s easy to sing and memorise.
The rap has been one of a number of creative ideas launched this year to help improve attendance. And it’s working. By raising attendance awareness amongst all our Walton Oak community and delivering initiatives that people can participate in that’s fun and engaging, we’ve hit our best ever whole school attendance of 96.4% - beating both national and surrey. We’re where we need to be and look forward to launching our new initiatives for 2019/20 to help us maintain it.
You can view the full Every Minute Counts Rap video below. Enjoy!